This is mostly just a post for my personal reference:
After mucking around with the phone, plugging in and unplugging things from its USB port, the port may suddenly stop working and the phone won't even initiate charging when the charger is plugged in. Soft reboots or soft power-down/power-up doesn't appear to fix it and the phone won't appear when plugged into a computer's USB port.
The solution is somewhat simple: Force a hard reboot by holding down the power button for 10 seconds. The following reboot, it appears to work again.
11 May 2013
01 January 2013
It's that time of year again: Reflect on the year's successes and flubs... Of which some were "resolutions" and some were merely wish-list items.
- Practically all work-related items were flubs but there again, I didn't seriously expect Blizzard to give me the "pink slip".
- Most FOSS project items were flubs but there again, changing job and relocating puts a serious crimp on one's free time.
- Failed to maintain the fitness improvement - Finished 2010 at 235lbs, 2011 at 198lbs and I'm finishing 2012 at 206lbs. Could be worse, I suppose.
Hard pressed to think of any real successes which were on the 2012 list. There are a few work successes at my job at +LinkedIn but they don't count because this time last year, I was only a user of their site.
Anyways, on to non-work wish-list for 2013... Not solid resolutions because, meh.
- Would be nice to get back to under 200lbs again.
- I am going to make time for Free and Open Source projects:
- OQGraph for MariaDB
- Cleanup the v3 work
- Get it merged into trunk.
- External Stored Procedures for MariaDB
- Cleanup the current work.
- Include the proof-of-concept work to split the parser so that the stored procedure parser is plugable.
- Get it merged into trunk.
- Playing with Raspberry Pi
- I plan to outfit my Pi with more IO using cheap PIC16 parts and make all the source and schematics open.
- I want to make a small bipedal robot, powered by a Pi or two.
- Is it possible to use I2C as a Transport for NDBCluster?
- Just for fun:
- Participate in more get togethers with other Blizzard alumni who are now in the SF Bay area.
- Personal development:
- I'm planning to relearn the piano.
- Read more books. I have a backlog of books, including fiction books, that I want to read.
- Eventually get my home office organised.
I'll see where it leads...
11 July 2012
03 March 2011
27 December 2009
11 December 2009
17 July 2009
Need to stop procrastinating and to create a VM image of my ol' trusty OS/2 machine, especially as it appears that the venerable Tyan Tomcat PentiumMMX motherboard has finally stopped working. Maybe I could try swapping the CPUs or something or there is the Intel OR840 PentiumIII motherboard floating around... The only real problem is that the old case is a AT Medium Tower and the OR840 is an ATX motherboard, so there is the issue of PSU incompatibility too.
Posted by Antony at 7/17/2009 12:11:00 am