That was one fast year... Zoom!
When it comes to personal objectives, not a particularly successful year.
RetrospectiveAs a courtesy, the link to last year's retrospective is right here.
As with last year, lets start with the notable flubs:
- Failed to spend enough time to relearn the piano.
- FOSS flubs - failed to get code out there and adopted.
- Continued to fail to maintain fitness... I end this year at 211lbs vs last year's 206lbs.
As +Eric Idle says; always look at the bright side of life. There were a few very minor victories:
- 400KHz I2C on Raspberry Pi to a PIC16 microcontroller slave.
- Managed to test OQGraph3 with TokuDB on MariaDB.
- Reduced by 20% the reading list backlog.
- Did manage to get together for a few meetups with other Blizzard alumni.
Wish list for 2014
Obligatory wish-list for the new year which contains some duplicates from last year. As always, these aren't resolutions but wishy-washy objectives which may or may not be met, blah, blah...
Perhaps a little shorter list than last year.
- Free and Open Source Software projects
- Dedicate some hours to help polish OQGraph by March.
- Split the WL#820 project into lots of separate commits.
- Personal development:
- This time, really do set aside some time to relearn the piano.
- Complete at least one large project (electronics, pi, etc).
- Organise the office, really! It's a dump!